Promoting one’s self is the new work ethic, so I might as well participate. And it’s not like anyone else is blogging these days. What’s my competition, an inanimate carbon rod?
Tag: the malcontent
Still here, but transitioning. Stay tuned.
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 110,000 times in 2010. If it were an exhibit at The Louvre Museum, it would take 5 days for that many people to see it.
That’s good to hear, though I’m sure those Louvre visitors came away underwhelmed.
Your busiest day of the year was January 5th with 966 views. The most popular post that day was Cap du jour, 80s pin-up edition.
The subject of that post? Quintessential 80s mean girl Billy Zabka, who, surprisingly enough, played a character named Chas only once. His first film role was in “Valley Girl” as “Boy helping with prom decorations.”
I’m tired of being a slave to WordPress themes. Not looking for anything drastic — just want something simple but distinctive. Not sure what I can offer in return save for some free advertising. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the ‘Musical interlude’ widget to your left. Something new every (or most every) day — oddities, classics, rarities and embarrassments alike.
Click the unlabeled widgets to your right for select clips from some of the Malcontent’s favorite movies, TV shows and music.
- I’m rarely prescient, but on 4/25/2007 I predicted an Obama presidency;
- The “True Colors” concert didn’t go as planned: Then I told him how I had suffered from both anorexia and bulimia, at the same time. He said, “I doubt that’s possible,” which was really offensive. I got so upset I vomited my dinner on their picnic blanket and, because of that rude heterosexual, I didn’t even get to see Cyndi’s amazing version of “She Bop”;
- Introducing Sheldon Greenbriar: Bring back “Becker” — stat!
- Don’t call me self-loathing;
- Celebrating a true Atlanta hero
Busier than usual: Legitimate concerns over the new breast cancer guidelines; Sarah Palin makes me feel “Grimey”; A prayer vigil at a strip club; Clint Eastwood blasts America; Australia assails Scientology; Better tardy than silent: Newsweek addresses the perpetuation of queer stereotypes; Palin courts Beck, makes my head explode; On Communism and cuckoos.
My first celebrity endorsement:
hey, I am LuLu Roman’s manager and we are just curious. We came across your site and saw your mention of LuLu. What does the “neither of ‘em could hold LuLu Roman’s girdle”comment mean?
She thinks it is terribly funny, but we’d like to know.
By the way, congrats on the weight loss, LuLu. Looking good!
UPDATE: Here’s the clip I referenced in my comment about LuLu’s girdle: