A sampling of the critical response to “Sex and the City 2″:
- “Everything else in this deadly, brainless exercise in pointless tedium is dedicated to the screeching audacity of delusional self-importance that convinces these people the whole world is waiting desperately to watch two hours and 25 minutes of platform heels, fake orgasms and preposterous clothes. It is to movies what fried dough is to nutrition.” — Rex Reed, The New York Observer
- Sex and the City 2 won’t win any awards (save for a few Razzies), but it could become an effective inspirational video for suicide bombers — provided they can endure the film’s two-and-a-half hour running time, of course.” — Thomas Leupp, Hollywood.com
- “It would have been more merciful for writer-director Michael Patrick King to have rented Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda out to the Saw franchise, or to Rob Zombie, so we could watch them get shot in the head or skinned alive by Arkansas rednecks.”— Andrew O’Hehir, Salon
- “SATC2 takes everything that I hold dear as a woman and as a human — working hard, contributing to society, not being an entitled cunt like it’s my job — and rapes it to death with a stiletto that costs more than my car. It is 146 minutes long, which means that I entered the theater in the bloom of youth and emerged with a family of field mice living in my long, white mustache. This is an entirely inappropriate length for what is essentially a home video of gay men playing with giant Barbie dolls.” — Lindy West, The Stranger
Seriously. So James Lipton is unbearably unctuous AND a whore.
Limbaugh admitted, “I know I am a target and I know I will be destroyed eventually. I fear that all I have accomplished and all the wealth I have accumulated will be taken from me, to the cheers of the crowd. I know I am hated and despised by the American Left.”
- Is Kristy McNichol the Greta Garbo of tomboy child actresses?
- For years I thought Elton John and Olivia Newton-John were married, but of course that’s impossible since he’s British and she’s Australian.
- Whenever I get steamed, I talk like Fred Schneider and suddenly I’m not so mad anymore.
- Newsweek says gay actors aren’t convincing in straight roles. Apparently they never saw Paul Lynde as Uncle Arthur.
- Just finished Paul Reiser’s “Couplehood” — it was every bit as delightful the fourth time. Next up: “The Bridges of Madison County”
- How come Angela Lansbury never had sex on ‘Murder She Wrote?’ She was rich, attractive and always seemed to be going up in a hot air balloon
- Bring back “Becker” — stat!
- Frances McDormand was so miscast in “Fargo.” I would’ve loved to see Jamie Gertz sink her teeth into that role.
- Just wondering: So many people seem to use Netflix, but I never see any Netflix deliverymen.
- I’ll be hosting a retrospective of Dixie Carter’s film career tonight at my West Hollywood apartment.
Says a Christian fundamentalist who claims Hitler surrounded himself with gay stormtroopers because “homosexual soldiers basically had no limits in the savagery and brutality they were willing to inflict on whoever Hitler went after.”
I think the president has better things to do than chat about the NBA with Marv Albert. Obama has done more televised interviews about basketball (remember the shoot-a-round with Clark Kellog) this year than press conferences.
The Rev. Markel Hutchins, a civil rights activist, said in a news conference after the meeting that Lumpkin County High School teachers would have sensitivity and diversity training.
Which will accomplish nothing.
According to Rush Limbaugh, it’s Rush Limbaugh.
“I know I have become the intellectual engine of the conservative movement.”
And, according to an adoring new biography, Limbaugh has a life-size oil painting of himself hanging in his gaudy Palm Beach mansion.
There was a time when obnoxious egomaniacs were ignored. Now they’re celebrated, especially by the right, which will cost the GOP.
The president is catching heat because he won’t be laying a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier this Memorial Day. Reagan and W. also skipped the ceremony when they were president, but that doesn’t matter to the kooks.
Tweeted CNN commentator Erick Erickson: “Diff b/w Reagan and Bush not going to Tomb and Obama? No one questioned their support for soldiers and belief in American Exceptionalism.”
This shit is getting so infantile. It’ll cost the GOP more than it thinks in upcoming elections.
Dental hygienists smoked cigarettes while cleaning your teeth. At least mine did, leaving a collection of ashes in my slobber bib.
Was anyone else a patient of Dr. Arnold at the old Medical Arts Building downtown? If so, I’m sure you remember Peggy the hygienist.