Sheldon, still recovering from his showdown with Leeza Gibbons, is on sabbatical this month. Substituting on The Blurbomat: Sheldon’s close friend, movie reviewer Pete Hammond — the critic celebrities trust most, according to Byron Allen.
- “The Proposal”: A riotously funny screwball farce is a strong candidate for the year’s best comedy – at least so far.
- “The Taking of Pelham 123″: Thirty-five years after the pulse-pounding thriller The Taking of Pelham One Two Three was made, this sleek, faster-paced remake not only improves on a good thing, it showcases a much different New York than its pre-9/11 predecessor.
- “Imagine That”: After the debacle of last summer’s dreadful “Meet Dave”, Eddie is back at his best in his funniest comedy in years, a feel-good winner with something for everyone.
- “Terminator: Salvation”: Packed with two hours of non-stop action, it delivers everything you could want from a ‘Terminator’ film and more. Much more.
- “Star Trek”: This brilliant reninvention of the beloved sci-fi franchise boldly (and smartly) goes where no ‘Star Trek’ has ever gone before.